Scheduled course outline
Duration 2 Days
“You do not sell something to a customer. What you sell is how they will feel when they own it.”
Who should attend
The course has been principally designed for all who are new to the sales environment, or for those who already sell but have received no training in the consultative approach to selling.
Through group exercises and discussions, video and role-plays, delegates are given the opportunity to identify the essential components of a consultative sale, before committing to the behaviours which will shape a new relationship with their clients.
A busy manager will always be looking for opportunities to lessen their workload. One of the most effective ways they can do this is to forge key partnerships with trusted suppliers. Now you are no longer selling just your service or product to your customer, but the relationship they enjoy that surrounds your product or service offering. This calls for a careful revaluation of key skills: creating rapport, intuition and relationship building of the first order.
To introduce the principles of consultative selling and to identify the key skills, behaviours and attitudes which underpin it.
The programme includes:
· The attributes of the successful sales person: exploding the myths
· How customers buy
· The consultative sales cycle: what you need to be doing and when
· Researching and identifying your clients to gain appointments
· Meeting with a customer: first impressions that help you get closer
· Questions which uncover the real needs – and how to really listen
· Using EDICT to win the customer over to your solution
· Assessing your sales behaviour profile
· Negotiating your way to an agreement
· Networking and cementing your relationships