Scheduled course outline – duration 2 - 3 days
"You do not teach people anything; people choose to learn."
Like leaders, there is a debate as to whether good trainers are born or made. Perhaps, to misquote Warren Bennis, good trainers are born and then made. How successful they will be as trainers will be hugely influenced by the quality of their training. After all, if we do not properly train the trainers, what chance will they have of creating training interventions that are business-focused and meaningful?
Who should attend?
The programme has been designed for any individual who is taking up a training position, or a Team Leader or Manager required to develop and run a training intervention.
The aim of this course is to enable delegates to acquire the skills and confidence to plan, design, deliver and evaluate a training workshop. The programme includes:
- The role of the effective trainer
- The "4 Ps": purpose, planning, preparation & practice
- How people learn
- Identifying the learning styles of your delegates
- Establishing the need and agreeing measurable training objectives
- Constructing a workshop: the different training methods available
- Great starts and finishes using INTRO and SQTRL
- Mastering the technology: from flip chart to lap-top
- Anticipating and avoiding pitfalls and graveyard slots
- The Trainer as Coach: how to facilitate demonstrations, practice and feedback
- Mastering the role play
- The difficult delegate: what to do and what not to do
- Measuring the effectiveness of your training
An enjoyable mix of ‘hands on’ activities supported by group work and discussion, all leading to the opportunity for delegates to run a short session for their workshop colleagues.