Scheduled course outline – duration 2 days
"Plans are worthless. Planning is essential"
It isn’t just the effective control of processes that delivers the successful outcome to a project; it is principally the involvement of people and an intelligent marshalling of their contributions that makes all the difference. Good project managers need to be dynamic, responsive and focused in a way that wins their project influence and support from those in a position to make change happen.
Who should attend?
All Managers and staff delegated or assigned to undertake a substantial project within budget and on time.
After identifying and understanding the key characteristics of successful project management, delegates will plan these key skills into their respective project briefs.
The programme includes:
- The competencies required of a Project Manager
- The three essential criteria for managing a project
- The key stages of a typical project
- Organising the project using charts and analyses
- Constructing a responsibility matrix
- Estimating, scheduling and budgeting
- Conducting effective meetings
- Introducing change
- Influencing and delegating
- Winning commitment during a presentation
With group exercises, informal discussions, trainer presentation and video, delegates bring their own experiences and challenges and explore new behaviours to ensure a successful outcome to their project.