Scheduled course outline – duration 2 days
"Everybody gets butterflies. The trick is to make them fly in formation"
According to research in the United States, people fear having to give a presentation more than they fear death itself! Of course some presentations can be daunting, but evidence can point to many ordinary people who are still able to command an audience: delivering polished, professional performances. And, as with all performances, planning is everything.
Who should attend?
All Managers and staff required to give internal and / or external presentations to groups.
To identify, understand and then apply the principles that underpin a successful presentation to a group.
The programme includes:
- Defining ‘entry levels’ of a potential audience
- Generating innovative approaches
- How to organise material into a structured format
- How your audience can influence the shape of a presentation
- The key elements of vocal delivery
- How to design presentations that effectively ‘sell’ concepts and ideas
- Differentiating between aims and objectives
- Using your ‘prime time’ in a presentation and building in ‘attention grabbers’
- The uses – and abuses - of visual aids
- Techniques that combat nervousness and anxiety
- Posture and body language which convey ease and confidence
- Some techniques when confronted by difficult audience members
- Dealing with a range of questions and using them to advantage
- An opportunity to demonstrate your presentation skills in a supportive atmosphere
Through group exercises, informal discussions, trainer demonstrations and video, delegates are given the opportunities to try out the key skills in a non-threatening environment.