Scheduled course outline - duration 3 Hours
“Don’t just do something; stand there!"
If you want a way of working that adds value by getting more results in less time, or with less effort, then facilitation is the way forward. All managers and professionals will benefit from acquiring the facilitation skills they need to challenge and stimulate groups and their teams. As facilitation becomes a ‘way of life’ and part of an organisations culture, it encompasses partnership, shared objectives and achievements.
Who should attend
All new and untrained Team Leaders / Supervisors / and Managers with responsibility for staff.
To equip a delegate with the tools, techniques and framework to create the right environment for facilitation by breaking down barriers, allowing individuals to contribute and gain a consensus to a course of action.
The programme includes:
- What ‘exactly’ is facilitation?
- The skills and qualities required to effectively facilitate
- What are the opportunities to facilitate?
- Setting the Ground Rules
- What to observe in a group as a facilitator
- Building and maintaining rapport with the group
- Dealing with challenging situations
- Tools and techniques to solve problems and generate new ideas
- How to encourage creativity and innovation
To explore through structured presentation, discussion and personal experience, the variety of techniques and different approaches for effective facilitation.